[button url= »/shop/english-for-law-volume-1/ » class= » » bg= » » hover_bg= » » size= »0px » color= » » radius= »0px » width= »0px » height= »0px » target= »_self »] BACK TO PRODUCT PAGE [/button]
[/vc_column_text][vc_accordion active_tab= »false » collapsible= »yes »][vc_accordion_tab title= »Who will benefit from the course? »][vc_column_text]
Online Course – English for the Common Law Volume 1 is developed for the benefit of:
law and business professionals with an intermediate to advanced level in English seeking to improve their level in legal English;
law students at Masters (M1/M2) or Bar exam level;
translators and translation students specialized in legal English;
business students; and
students intending to study abroad in an Anglophone country.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title= »What is the aim of the course? »][vc_column_text]
The aim of the course is to allow students to improve their level of legal English and thus to perform better at work. With this aim in mind, the course seeks to allow students to develop an understanding of the common law and common law subjects such as contracts, torts, company law etc.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title= »How is the course organized? »][vc_column_text]Part1 – Technical language vocabulary and technical language learning Students are given access to a recorded lecture and transcript of the area discussed in Part 1 of the accompanying eBook. Students will also have interactive access to the technical vocabulary and the possibility to test their pronunciation. In this way, they can improve their pronunciation skills and also extend their vocabulary knowledge. Students also have access to a series of interactive tests to check their knowledge of the topics under discussion and of the relevant legal vocabulary.
Part2 – Grammar Upon buying a course, students will have full access to a grammar course, so that they can go over the basics of English grammar. The grammar section takes the form of a revision course looking at topics such as verb tenses, modal
Part3 – Speech and comprehension As language is
Part4 – Translations This section of the course deals with the area of translation and tests the technical vocabulary the student has acquired to date. Students are provided with completed
* The translation section is only available for specific language versions of online eCourses.
Part5 – Advanced knowledge section In this section, students have a chance to test the knowledge and technical vocabulary acquired in the previous sections. In this section, students are required to read a technical text; thereafter they are given access to a recorded lecture on the topic. The function of this section is to allow students gain advanced knowledge and to further develop their vocabulary.
Part6 – Interactive test. Once a student has completed the five parts in each course segment, the student is required to take a test, which will, if successfully passed, result in the student having the possibility to receive a certificate at the end of the course.[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title= »Available interactive tools »][vc_column_text]
- Online technical vocabulary An oral technical vocabulary list exists for each
chapter,so that the student can practice pronouncing each of the technical words set out in the technical vocabulary;
- Online presentations The student will have access to one or two online presentations (depending on the course choice) to help with his/her understanding of the text.
- A presentation discussing the main text in each chapter;
- A presentation developing the main theme discussed in each chapter.
- Grammar corner On subscribing to an online course, the student is allowed access to the entire grammar area of the site. In grammar corner, the main English grammar themes are revisited, for example:
- how different tenses are formed;
- a look at modal auxiliaries;
- using but + auxiliary verbs;
- how to use mid-sentence adverbs etc.
- Online audition and speech practice For each chapter there is a listening section, where the student can listen to a conversation and then is given an opportunity to develop his/her own responses. There are also exercises to check on the listener’s understanding of the conversation.
- Translation section The students newly acquired vocabulary is then tested in six short translation texts (English to French and French to English). As in the case of the main text, the purpose is not just to improve and develop vocabulary but also to improve the translator’s knowledge of the area of law in question and to demonstrate how legal technical vocabulary is used.
- Test The student will have the opportunity to complete interactive online exercises to test his/her knowledge of the technical vocabulary contained in each course segment.
Having completed the interactive course, students will not only have acquired a significant technical vocabulary in the areas that have been studied but will also have developed an understanding of the common law. As a result, they will be able to use the acquired vocabulary in work and study situations, improving their overall professional/academic performance.